The Trusted Network of Process Servers

Avoiding Public Process Service of Divorce Papers

ALPHARETTA, GA -- According to, there are many legitimate reasons why someone may want to avoid being served divorce papers. They may not want Sheriff's Deputies arriving at their place of work or their home. In Georgia, any adult who meets some court statutes can serve divorce papers. If you know that you have divorce papers to be served, you can also ask to receive a file stamped copy of the court documents and sign an Acknowledgment of Service, which verifies that you have received the Complaint and Summons. This starts the divorce process and can help couples avoid public service. You can also ask your spouse to send you the court stamped documents and Acknowledgment of Service. Signing the Acknowledgment of Service and submitting it promptly can help you avoid dealing with a process server and can help save on service of process costs. Speak to your attorney; he or she can ensure that service of process is both legal and discreet.

To read the full article, click here.

Tell us what you think:

Search Articles

Follow ServeNow

The ServeReport Newsletter

Process server news, business tips and events delivered to your inbox.

Newsletter Archive →

Article Categories

The all-in-one software for process servers, at work or on the road.

Learn More

Join ServeNow

Reach more clients and grow your business.

Join Today

  • Nationwide Network
  • Local Search Optimization
  • Website Templates

Read Member Testimonials →